Thursday 27 February 2014

TESTING A NEW HOME

Oxygene In Concert Rehearsal
Theatre Marigny, Paris, France
© 2007 Duncan Walls
As some of you are already aware, the JARRE UK website was hacked just before Christmas 2013, resulting in a large amount of phishing code being embedded into the website in numerous places that was difficult to locate and remove.

After several threats from security firms acting on behalf of global banks, I had no choice but to close the website down and look for a viable method of getting the website up-and-running again.

I had toyed with the idea of just running JARRE UK through Facebook, but some fans expressed the need for a web presence, to have something other than a Facebook page, sighting that not everyone uses or likes Facebook.

As a result of this, I am trialling Blogger as a new home, although I am not sure that this will do exactly what I want, but it's a start whilst I find a way of rebuilding the website and finding a cost effective and easy way to deliver and run it.

Ideas and suggestions are always welcomed, but please be patient, as the time I have to spend on this project is very limited due to other commitments.

I will endeavour to do my best.

Kind regards,

Dunkie

No comments:

Post a Comment